Devan Brie's Library

Monday, October 27, 2008

Her Confession on Amazon.com



Excerpt from Her Confession Review by Dimonique Boyd
Her Confession is a book about Ashara Jones, who meets the man of her dreams, not knowing that she is about to enter a physically and emotionally abusive relationship. Now, I have been addicted to the internet for awhile now, so to say I picked her book up and didn't put it down unless I absolutely had to is saying something. It was a great story, and I'm not gonna tell it here. You just need to buy the book. Here are a few things I found INCREDIBLE about the book:
1.) It showed me just how subtle the signs of abuse can be. He started the abuse so smooth that I was floored the first time he hit her. You might think a man is being cute, protective, and jealous, but it's oftentimes a warning sign of abuse. It amazed me that I was sitting here reading the book and I MISSED those signs-just like Ashara did.
2.) I loved that Ashara seemed to still be soul-searching as she told the story. In the midst of telling us what happened to her, she was still gaining understanding about how the situation came to be. That made it that much more real to me.
3.) I pride myself on knowing where the book is going-I never was able to guess what was going to happen next.

In any case, Her Confession was a VERY good read. I actually went home after work, and instead of turning the TV on, I FINISHED it-and that's unheard of for me these days.

Preview or Buy it today on Amazon.com or Kindle
http://www.tinyurl.com/HerConfession

No comments: